Aquis Canungra Community Program
Who We Are
We are a program managed by Aquis and funded personally by Mr Tony Fung and the Fung Family. We support local not-for-profit organisations, charities, clubs, community groups and the future generations in our local town of Canungra.
Engaging children in sports is not only important for their health and development but teaches them community and how to work as part of a team. There is nothing more important to us than supporting the children of Canungra as a pathway to building a stronger community.
The town of Canungra is rich in history, culture and adventure. It has retained its old-world charm and is a popular destination with day trippers, motorcyclists, hang-gliders, birdwatchers and bushwalkers. The Aquis Canungra Community Program want to see the local groups continue to provide these services to locals and tourists.
2022 Sports N Kids Grant – July Round – Now Closed
SPORTING CLUBS OR GROUPS
Aquis will only consider applications for grants from sporting club or group “Organisation” meeting all the following criteria:
Eligible Sporting Clubs or Groups must:
- Be a genuine community Organisation that is properly constituted and compliant
- Provide evidence that the Organisation is Canungra based
- Show that there are genuine categories or enrolments available for children 17 years of age or younger
- Can you tell us how your sport contributes to building a stronger community?
- Be able to show how the grant will contribute towards achieving or improving the Organisation; and
- Demonstrate that the grant will be spent in Canungra or indirectly flow into the Canungra economy.
Eligible Sporting Clubs or Groups applications must provide the following details:
- Name of Organisation and ABN (if applicable)
- Contact name
- Contact email
- Contact number
Ineligible Sporting Club or Group applicants are:
- Government, semi-government departments and agencies
- Political Organisations or Organisations associated with a political party; or
- Organisations that have direct access to funds generated from gaming machines.
Aquis will only consider applications for grants from Applicants meeting all the following criteria:
Eligible child/children must:
- Reside in Canungra
- Be aged 17 years or younger at the time of application
- Currently attend or has attended since 1 January 2022, a Canungra based sporting club or group
- Must be able to provide evidence of enrolment
- One entry per child
Eligible applications must provide the following details:
- Child’s name
- Name of sports club or group the child participated or is enrolled in
- Parent / guardian name
- Parent / guardian email
- Parent / guardian number
- Parent / guardian home address; and
- A list of costs related to the sporting activity (successful applicants will be asked to provide proof of enrolment/registration and purchase by way of a receipt)
* The total purchase does not have to reach or exceed $200
** This is for expenses relating to the from 1 January 2022 to the close of applications.
The 2021 Aquis Canungra Community Program Christmas Grant applications have now closed.
The Aquis Canungra Community Program would like to spread some Christmas cheer this December. We are giving $2,500 grants to 20 community organisations or groups in Canungra.
If your organisation is eligible (see point 2) for these grants, please complete the form and submit by 5pm (QLD time) Friday, 19 November. You will be notified within business 10 days of applications closing if your submission has been successful.
The application form will include the following information:
Name of organisation, contact name, contact email, contact number, registered office address and you will need to tell us in no more than 300 words what this Christmas grant could do for your organisation and fulfilling the 6 eligibility criteria.
Christmas 2021 Round
Applications open: Friday, 5 November, 9am (QLD time)
Applications close: Friday, 19 November, 5pm (QLD time)
As part of the establishment of the Aquis Canungra Community Program, we will support the community each quarter with further grants available to eligible applicants.
If you or your organisation are eligible (see Eligibility tab) for these grants, please complete the below form and submit by the corresponding rounds application closing date. You will be notified within 10 business days of applications closing if your submission has been successful.
Future rounds of grants:
July 2022 Round – Sports N Kids – Now Closed
The Sports N Kids program will provide funding to help the children of Canungra thrive in sport and in the community, as well as supporting the local sporting clubs and groups to continue their work that already exist in the beautiful historic town of Canungra.
The Sports N Kids program has:
- 50 x $200 grants available for distribution to the children of Canungra that have enrolled and participated in sporting; and
- 5 x $1,500 grants available for distribution to a Canungra based sporting club or group that has categories or enrolments for children.
Applications open: Friday, 15 July 2022 – 9am (QLD time)
Applications close: Friday, 29 July 2022 – 5pm (QLD time)
November 2022 Round
Applications open: Tuesday, 1 November 2022 – 9am (QLD time)
Applications close: Tuesday, 15 November 2022 – 5pm (QLD time)