GCTC & AITC Equine Industry Quick Start (IQ) Program
The Gold Coast Turf Club has partnered with the Australian Industry Trade Collage (AITC) to develop a bespoke Equine Industry QuickStart (IQ) program that commenced in 2023.
Enrolments are open for Year 10 students who are interested in gaining a head start in their racing industry career while completing their senior schooling.
Whether your interests lie with horses, working outdoors, pursuing a trade or administration; with an industry-driven education, the right training and unmatched immersion, the Equine IQ is sure to deliver for those Year 10 students looking for a head start.
Hit the trifecta
- Finish Year 12 and gain your Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE)
- Commence your school-based apprenticeship or traineeship in the equine industry before you graduate
- Grow your character and mindset to be a valuable contributor to the industry and your community.
The program is designed to help guide young people into the racing industry while completing their senior schooling and open their eyes to the many different career opportunities that exist.
The program educates young people to become apprentices and trainees of the highest calibre, specifically for the racing industry, removing barriers and providing exposure to the industry in several fields:
- Stable Hand
- Stud Hand
- Track Maintenance
- Administration – marketing/communications/PR/event management etc.
With the success of the Open Days in 2022, it has been announced that more Open Days will be held in 2023.
- Wednesday, 22 March at Gold Coast Turf Club (already held)
- Saturday, 3 June at Gold Coast Turf Club (already held)
To register your interest in the Open Days, please visit www.aitc.qld.edu.au/event/equine-industry-open-day-gold-coast/ and complete the form.